I am an aspiring Front-End Developer with a passion for typography, video and illustration.
I have a great drive for websites, passion for solving problems, will to create something beautiful, and enthusiasm for functional, effective, usable and re-usable code.
I am currently studying Web Development in Copenhagen, Denmark, and looking for exciting job opportunities in Copenhagen.
- UX design
During my work & studies, I have continually gained valuable practical experience in website design/development process. Starting with Information Architecture, User Experience Design, going through Wireframing, Prototyping, developing Front-end Code, adding plugins & features, and finishing with PHP & MySQL.
I have worked in small teams of students back in school and a great professional team during my internship. I have also been working on freelance projects for almost a year, putting my project management & development skills to the test. Overall, I have received most of my experience while working on responsive design techniques, HTML5/CSS3, jQuery website enhancements, animations & plugin integration, 3rd party APIs (including Google Maps, YouTube).
I have worked both with waterfall and agile development methods, but I mostly enjoyed the latter which I was part of during my internship and which I'm practicing on current projects. Constant involvement in the team-work throughout the process, managing "SCRUM", setting up goals, and focusing on small deliverables engaged me in the process and showed how beautifully complicated web design is.
In addition, I am a big fan of usability and minimalism with a "Less is more" attitude. I also have a "Getting things done" approach to the work I do. Time management has become a second nature to my life.
Leaping forward as a web designer/developer
I have started my top-up BA degree in Web Development this autumn. I am also working on various projects where I enjoy fulfilling a wide variety of roles. However, I am always open for exciting opportunities to work with fun, dynamic and efficient teams, where I could constantly learn, improve, and be challenged on daily basis. Here is my web philosophy and values in web design/development:
- !important - work among devoted professionals who would push me beyond my limits.
- Work in an agile and modern environment, that uses agile development as their methodology.
- Exercise responsive, mobile-first development.
- Code using Sass or other preprocessor.
- Slice and dice challenging designs.
- Progressively enhance for browser compatibility.
- Practice proper version control (Git, etc.).
- Use PHP, MySQL and AJAX.
- Learn some SEO tricks.
- Have a wonderful time among like-minded people.
- I am constantly striving to bring and improve my A-game each and every day.
- I am prepared to go an extra mile to meet goals and expectations.
- I am a quick learner, capable of adapting new technologies quickly.
- I am communicative person with a good sense of humor.
- I am passionate about the web industry, which makes me try even harder.
If you'd like to put my skills to the test, don't hesitate to contact me.